Our corporate journey began in 1949 where the company was established by the Northern Rhodesian government and the Colonial Development Corporation, now the Commonwealth Development Corporation (CDC). Cement production at the Chilanga Plant in Lusaka commenced in September 1951, and was upgraded with the installation of two more kilns in1956 and 1967.The Ndola Plant kiln was commissioned in 1969, and a second kiln was added in 1974. The company was privatised in October 1994, as part of the government privatization program to enhance the efficiency of state-owned companies. It was the first company to be listed on the Lusaka Stock Exchange (LuSe) with the CDC as the majority shareholder. In 2001, the CDC reorganised its cement operations in Southern Africa to form Pan African Cement (PAC). It owned shares in the then Chilanga Cement PLC in Zambia, Mbeya Cement in Tanzania, and Portland Cement in Malawi. In May 2001, Chilanga Cement PLC acquired PAC from the CDC. In 2007, Chilanga Cement PLC changed its name to Chilanga Cement PLC Cement Zambia PLC. In 2008, a new plant was commissioned in Chilanga, which doubled the company’s cement capacity. In 2021, the majority shareholders of Chilanga Cement PLC (Pan African Cement Ltd. and Financière Chilanga Cement PLC) (Holcim) sold their 75% shares in the company to Huaxin (Hainan) Investment Co., Ltd, the holding company of Huaxin Cement Co., Ltd. On 9 December 2021, members during the Extraordinary General Meeting voted that the name Chilanga Cement PLC be changed to Chilanga Cement PLC to maintain the reputable legacy and the quality of goods and services built over 72 years.