Chilanga Cement is the leading supplier of building materials and major construction solutions provider in Zambia and the regional market. The Company operates a network of facilities, which includes two integrated Cement plants (with a combined capacity of 1,500,000 tonnes per annum) in Chilanga and Ndola, and distributes by road and rail to all corners of the country and southern Africa.
Joining Chilanga Cement means being part of a successful organization that builds its business strategy around product innovation. For Chilanga Cement, People Development is an investment in the future. Training and skills development means employees can take control of their own careers; everyone builds their own rich and diversified career portfolio. You hold the keys to your success!
Chilanga Cement, Chilanga Plant, is looking to recruit a dynamic, motivated, enthusiastic and qualified individual to take up the role of:
QUARRY SPECIALIST (X1)
Overall Mission of the Role:
In collaboration with the Quarry Manager, the role of Quarry Specialist has two fundamental features;
- Management of safety and production operations in the quarrying environment in Chilanga.
- Ensure supply of raw materials at the required quality and quantity to the cement Plant raw mills.
- Follow local legislation and Chilanga Cement rules.
- Ensure compliance with all safety training and standards.
- Assist quarry Manager with definition of mid-term mining plan – typically 3 to 5 years
- Work with Quarry Manager to define short term mining plan to meet quality and Kiln Feed Uniformity Index (KFUI) targets.
- Put in place control mechanisms to achieve quality targets (sampling, blending use of software and Raw Mix Optimization) in collaboration with process and quality
- Participate and encourage liaison between quality control & process departments
- Produce at lowest cost whilst maintaining material availability
- Optimise reserves as defined in mining plan
- Optimise equipment and resources
- Track & inspect and optimise equipment performance
- Participate in the coordination and scheduling of equipment maintenance
- Implement Best practices etc.
- Negotiate, award & control of contract
- Ensure compliance with local laws and Chilanga Cement environmental standards (Air quality, noise, vibration and water)
- Measure compliance and have an emergency strategy
- Implement the ongoing rehabilitation plan
Qualifications, Experience and skills required:
Education background, Experience & Skills
- Degree in a related field , such as Geology, Mining Engineering or equivalent degree
- 3 to 5 years relevant experience
- Relevant blast design & shot firing certificates.
- Good understanding of the physical/ cement manufacturing processes
- Must be a member of a relevant professional body
- Ability to effectively liaise with and develop inter-departmental relationships within the entire Business Unit.
Interested applicants may send their application letters and Curriculum Vitae to the under-listed no later than , 10th February 2023. Applicants do not need to send copies of their qualifications at this stage.
Applicants should ensure that the position they are applying for is clearly written in the subject of the email. Only emailed applications will be accepted and should be sent to:
E-Mail Address: email@example.com
Please also note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.